Before I became a nutritional therapist I struggled so much with working out what to eat for breakfast to keep me full and energetic.
My mistake was reading mainstream media advice and product marketing!
I tried cereal breakfast bars for months, that felt like eating air (seriously, Special K bars… have you tried them? I’d eat one and think – is that IT?!).
I’d be so hungry by 11am, I’d end up having a muffin and a coffee to stave off hunger until lunch.
I felt groggy, tired and frustrated – and my weight was challenging to keep under control.
I eventually discovered the truth about what to eat for breakfast: focus on PROTEIN.
Benefits of a high protein breakfast are:
- You’ll have stable energy to get through your mornings and much better focus + productivity
- You won’t need to snack before lunchtime (snacking was invented by the food industry!)
- Your mood will be brighter
- You’ll likely lose some weight (especially if you’ve been having high carb cereals and breads for breakfast)
Simple protein rich breakfasts are:
- Protein shakes or green smoothies using the Ultimate Green Smoothie Formula
- Eggs any way you like them, with sauteed greens or other veg
- Oily fish like sardines, mackerel or salmon with avocado, tomato + spinach
- Oat cakes with almond butter and sliced banana
- Porridge with nuts, seeds, coconut oil and berries. Use cinnamon or vanilla powder as sweetener.
Give these a try and share with me how your energy, mood and productivity improve!
Melissa is a naturopathic nutritionist, coach and speaker who helps exhausted businesswomen reclaim their energy to maximise their effectiveness and success in business and life.
Her unique approach combines naturopathy, nutrition, positive psychology and lifestyle strategies to nourish and energise women from cell to soul.